No Need to Struggle with Your Social Media Anymore
There are a lot of people who have tried using social media on their own to promote their businesses, but have had little success with it. From what I have found is that they may send one Facebook message or one Tweet in a week about their business. Not to mention they may not have a huge follower or fan list. That is not going to help them create a successful social media campaign, let alone being enough to create interest for them. And it takes time and a lot of work to create a powerful social media campaign. However, everyone has to start somewhere and here are some tips to start it right:
- Talk to your followers/fans often and ask them questions – That is right! Do not go on and on about your business, initially anyway. Talk to your followers. Ask them how their week is going. Ask them what they plan on having for dinner (and mention what you are having, get some good conversation going). Once you get to know your followers and they see you are taking an interest in them, then you can start telling them bits and pieces about what you offer.
- Be Active – One tweet or comment made on Google+ is not going to make you noticeable. If you are serious about getting yourself known out there and want true buzz for everything you offer, you need to send at least 4 tweets/ Google + shares a day, and 2 Facebook comments a day. You don’t want to over-do it either. One of those shares can promote your business, but the rest of what you share should show interest in your followers/fans, and even share something funny or interesting to gain interest and even more followers.
- Add your social media badges on your website – If you do not have a Facebook, Twitter or Google+ badge on your website, people will have a difficult time finding a way to follow you.
- Comment on Blogs and as many social media pages as you can– The first step is to make sure that your social media badges are on your websites. The next step is comment on as many blogs as you can that is relevant to your niches. Comment on other Facebook like pages as well, and make your comments relevant. Go on twitter, search for tweets that are also relevant to your niches. Reply to those tweets. If you are consistent, you will get many followers, likes and fans.
- Syndicate your blog to social media sites– You have to be the one to come out and comment on people’s pages and be active in your social media platforms. However, but you will want to syndicate your blog to social media sites like YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and more. These sites are filled with traffic and you will easily get more followers and even clients down the road!
This will get you to a good start. Remember if you are unable to maintain a successful social media campaign, I am here to help you with that. But either way, if you take these first steps, it will get you off to a good start with your social media.